Anybody planning on racing the Elsinore GP?

6 replies to this topic
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted November 01, 2002 - 09:04 PM

It's amazing how time flies, I can't believe it's November already. I'm pretty sure that the Elsinore GP is going to held next weekend and was curious to who is going to race it here on TT. I love the track and need to practice for a desert race in December in Nevada, so I was either gonna race the Dual-sport class or the 100. Anybody else?

• Dan_from_HB

Posted November 02, 2002 - 05:48 AM

Not this outta shape old man......I might go to watch, though. I hear the first turn is a hoot. Just like the old Cal City GP days watching the Novice class hit the paved first turn at 50mph on brand new knobbies. I know, I know, I'm a sick human, but entertainment is entertainment.
Dan

• hodaphile

Posted November 02, 2002 - 08:13 AM

Hey Dan-

Over at www.GOATEYEWEAR.COM you can look at everyone that is preregistered to race. Like always, the 40+/50+ classes are by far the largest. I'm going out on Sunday but only to watch, that entry fee is just too steep! I you decide to race let us know the class so we can sheer you on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted November 02, 2002 - 09:35 AM

Dan man,
Youre bumming me out.
After going to last years race, now I want to hit it every year. Unfortuantly, it isnt in the cards again. At least not anytime soon.
It was the most fun I have ever had racing and I am really, really bummed about not doing it again thiis year.

I have however put a few pics on my website. Not very many, but just enough to get your juices going!!!
Elsinore GP 2001
If you go, good luck and send me one of those killer burritos from that eatery on main street. (Im sure you know which one Im speaking of :) )

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted November 06, 2002 - 04:29 AM

If you go, good luck and send me one of those killer burritos from that eatery on main street. (I'm sure you know which one I'm speaking of )

Burp!

Man, $125.00 is pretty steep for and hour or racing. I've raced this event many times and every time I finish I tell myself that it was the best race for the money. But I would have to put a tire on ($70) buy gas ($20) and buy a couple of burritos :) and a six pack ($15). Anyway I look at it I'm looking at $300.00 for the day. That's alot of money for this blue collar worker. I'm still undecided what I'm going to do. I'm still tempted to race the dual-sport class, we'll just have to see how the week turns out...

Cheers guys.........

• MOmilkman

Posted November 06, 2002 - 04:38 AM

Well, dont feel to bad. We drove out in a 78 Chevy conversion van and we got about 7 mpg.

It seems like we were in for about $600 ea round trip just for gas.
Thank god gas was a lot cheaper this time last year. Im not sure we could do it if we wanted to this year in that van.

• gtms34

Posted November 06, 2002 - 10:29 AM

Dan,
I signed up back in Sept. so I wouldn't have to start in the 5th or 6th row. It worked, I'm in the first row. The only problem is, I took a major digger @ Carlsbad 2 weeks ago. My knee is still swollen. I have to give it a try 'cause there are no refunds for any reason. Anybody want to race for me? :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.