Rekluse Adjustable Front Axle

7 replies to this topic
  • MaxPower

Posted March 09, 2008 - 02:47 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I ride a 04 WR but thought I would share this with the YZ crowd since the steel framed bikes are very simular
Last week I installed a Rekluse Adjustable front axle on my WR450.
Alot of times I do things to my bike and make it worse than I began with.This isnt one of them. I could feel the tighter rake instantly. The bike seems to drop into tighter corners for me.I always liked the way the bike handles the big sand whooped out fireroads and was a little afraid that it would make it twitchy. It didnt seem to effect it.Im real happy with the power and now the handling on my bike.Good thing since Im stuck with it for a while.Now I see how the steeper rake works, I would buy a set of triples but I havent seen any for my bike.The down side is working on the front wheel is a step or two a little more complicated.
Yamaha should have designed these bikes with these dimensions.I like it that much[/COLOR]

• djtroy

Posted March 09, 2008 - 08:06 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I ride a 04 WR but thought I would share this with the YZ crowd since the steel framed bikes are very simular
Last week I installed a Rekluse Adjustable front axle on my WR450.
Alot of times I do things to my bike and make it worse than I began with.This isnt one of them. I could feel the tighter rake instantly. The bike seems to drop into tighter corners for me.I always liked the way the bike handles the big sand whooped out fireroads and was a little afraid that it would make it twitchy. It didnt seem to effect it.Im real happy with the power and now the handling on my bike.Good thing since Im stuck with it for a while.Now I see how the steeper rake works, I would buy a set of triples but I havent seen any for my bike.The down side is working on the front wheel is a step or two a little more complicated.
Yamaha should have designed these bikes with these dimensions.I like it that much[/COLOR]

Ok im going to order mine now. Thanks

• MX4Life

Posted March 09, 2008 - 08:52 PM

I'm running one on my 07 YZ450F, that and the Dubach rad kit made a big differance.:thumbsup:

• djtroy

Posted March 11, 2008 - 07:19 AM

I'm running one on my 07 YZ450F, that and the Dubach rad kit made a big differance.:thumbsup:

Im gonna try the axle and the tall seat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirty_southmx

Posted March 11, 2008 - 07:45 AM

Hey MX4, did you have to run a new DRD exhaust to make the rad. lowering kit keep from hitting the head pipe? And, does it make a big difference in the handling of the 07 along w the recluse adjustable axle?

• MATTH530

Posted March 11, 2008 - 08:40 AM

had the e-axle on my 07 yz worked good
matt

• Dveitch8

Posted March 11, 2008 - 01:38 PM

what exactly is different about the axle? Can you post some pics

• grayracer513

Posted March 11, 2008 - 01:49 PM

http://www.rekluse.com/E-axles.shtml

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.