Seat cover for a L

18 replies to this topic
  • XR650Lroadkill

Posted March 09, 2008 - 12:09 PM

Anybody know if the XRL seat is the same as other Honda model seats? I want a cool seat cover and really like the FX (Factory Effex) TC-4 seat cover, but they don't offer one for an 07 L. :eek: The only major complaint I have about the L is that everything I want to buy for it, I have to search high an low for it, and it doesn't seem that way for the R. :thumbsup:

• Norge

Posted March 09, 2008 - 12:40 PM

Guts seat covers can custom make one for you. Late model 600R's have the same seat as a 650L.
Posted Image

• Rockjockey

Posted March 09, 2008 - 02:04 PM

Norge, what rear tire is that you are using there?

• Norge

Posted March 09, 2008 - 02:57 PM

Norge, what rear tire is that you are using there?

Kenda DOT K3Y3 tires. Very cheap $80 for a set. Very soft, won't last very long. Rear is ok, front is a bit squirrelly. I bought them to get by NM MVD, Bought bike from CA. Next set I buy will not be these tires.

I'll post pics when I mount that Emig Steering Stabilizer on the 400/USD. Gary is a bit slow on shipping parts.

• husky123

Posted March 09, 2008 - 03:05 PM

Norge,

Beautiful L man!:thumbsup:

• Motosprtman

Posted March 10, 2008 - 06:24 AM

Very Nice L - how about the rack I like that better than the one from XR's only.

• husky123

Posted March 10, 2008 - 09:02 AM

Not trying to speak for Norge but I believe that is the $69 rack that is always on ebay. I have one and love it. Goes on real easy.

• Norge

Posted March 10, 2008 - 09:43 AM

Not trying to speak for Norge but I believe that is the $69 rack that is always on ebay. I have one and love it. Goes on real easy.

Yes, you're right it's from e-bay. I dont have the stock turn signal mounts or stock fender, so I modified that rack with longer/narrower mounts and added turn signal mounts. I then spent another $20 to get it powder coated. I borrowed this design and built a rack for my XR400 also.

• Motosprtman

Posted March 10, 2008 - 09:55 AM

ok thanks for the rack info. Think I will crusie e-bay and find one ... hopefully.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motosprtman

Posted March 10, 2008 - 10:25 AM

anyone know if these are any good - fit etc...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

• Wild Turkey

Posted March 10, 2008 - 05:32 PM

anyone know if these are any good - fit etc...

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

I was wondering about that cover too, a buddy and I are about to pull the trigger on one but I'd like to know if these are even worth putting on. :thumbsup:

• Brtp4

Posted March 10, 2008 - 06:14 PM

Anybody know if the XRL seat is the same as other Honda model seats? I want a cool seat cover and really like the FX (Factory Effex) TC-4 seat cover, but they don't offer one for an 07 L. :eek: The only major complaint I have about the L is that everything I want to buy for it, I have to search high an low for it, and it doesn't seem that way for the R. :thumbsup:

CEET makes a gripper cover in black, I have one on my L. It's decent quality, reasonbly priced, but a little too grippy for my tastes.

BP

• XR650Lroadkill

Posted March 10, 2008 - 06:26 PM

CEET makes a gripper cover in black, I have one on my L. It's decent quality, reasonbly priced, but a little too grippy for my tastes.

BP

Thanks for the info. I'll probably give it a try.

• Norge

Posted March 10, 2008 - 06:45 PM

I was wondering about that cover too, a buddy and I are about to pull the trigger on one but I'd like to know if these are even worth putting on. :thumbsup:

If you like gripper then they are fine. I custom ordered my seat without gripper material and Guts did not charge extra for the Flamer seat cover,

• Motosprtman

Posted March 11, 2008 - 05:28 AM

How about the ones offered by Baja Designs? pricey though.. $60.00

• stepho

Posted March 12, 2008 - 09:15 PM

just put the Ebay seat cover on my bike today. While I had the cover off I was able to sand some of the foam off. the seat now is rounded on the sides and lower in the front of the seat so the seat is not as square. After 300 miles the squre seat made me bow legged. My friend that does the same painful 300 miles on his husky smr floss seat sat on my new seat and was like :thumbsup: here is a picture

Posted Image

• Brtp4

Posted March 12, 2008 - 09:27 PM

just put the Ebay seat cover on my bike today. While I had the cover off I was able to sand some of the foam off. the seat now is rounded on the sides and lower in the front of the seat so the seat is not as square. After 300 miles the squre seat made me bow legged. My friend that does the same painful 300 miles on his husky smr floss seat sat on my new seat and was like :thumbsup: here is a picture

Posted Image

Stepho, can you give us a side view on that?

BP

• stepho

Posted March 12, 2008 - 10:16 PM

heres another picture

Posted Image

• stepho

Posted March 12, 2008 - 10:18 PM

one more picture. do you need another picture i can take one more tomorow.

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.