Anyone know how to take this off??

6 replies to this topic
  • markvfr

Posted March 09, 2008 - 11:50 AM

I'm getting ready to replace my clutch cable on my 06 but can't seem to take the plastic adjustement piece off the cable. Any hints? It might be really simple, but I can't simply screw it off.

http://picasaweb.goo...830988743680962

Thanks in advance.

:thumbsup:

• djrevz

Posted March 09, 2008 - 12:04 PM

my way would be to cut the nipple off then take the parts u want off and then geteither a universal cable kit or get some one that can make a cable through the tube i got it done a few times my self.:thumbsup:

• markvfr

Posted March 09, 2008 - 12:11 PM

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the tip. I was wondering if I had to cut the end gromet off... I want to use the Motion Pro Clutch cable, and I think it comes with the gromet already on the cable. No?

Also, lubing the cable with the plastic adjuster is pretty much impossible, so I can't see why you'd have to cut the gromet off to take the adjuster off.

Anyone else? Bueler? :eek:

:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Asgeir

Posted March 09, 2008 - 02:49 PM

You pry the rubber off so the aluminum thing inside the rubber comes out the big end.

No need to cut anything.

Not too difficult.

• markvfr

Posted March 09, 2008 - 03:45 PM

Ah crap! I feel so dumb....:thumbsup: Thanks Asgeir. Thats exactly what it was.

Cheers,
:eek:

• djrevz

Posted March 10, 2008 - 01:36 PM

u feal dumb? lmao wut about me haha

• Morty

Posted March 12, 2008 - 07:00 PM

what have you done?....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.