Clarke 4.0 flaw

18 replies to this topic
  • martinfan30

Posted March 09, 2008 - 08:21 AM

Guys I was reading some posts at xrlug... They were having leaks from there tanks. So i took mine off, sure as :thumbsup: ... Mine has the same marks. 4 spots that are thinner than the rest of the wall. Anyone know how to get ahold of Clarke? Should I be concerned? Maybe JB weld the pock marks?
Heres a pic. If you have one of these, please check it!!

Posted Image

This the right side of the tank, on the vertical wall behind the mounting slot.

sales@clarkemfg.com <sales@clarkemfg.com>

• Butta

Posted March 09, 2008 - 08:49 AM

Maybe it's just me, but that pic is darn near worthless. Can't tell what it is or pinpoint any "wall thinness"....can you get a better pic?

• martinfan30

Posted March 09, 2008 - 09:19 AM

I'll try but its a bitch to get a good angle with the cam.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Rodriquez86

Posted March 09, 2008 - 09:24 AM

Try to put it on macro mode for close up shots..

• martinfan30

Posted March 09, 2008 - 09:30 AM

Try to put it on macro mode for close up shots..

Its a few yrs old. Looked in the menu, but couldnt find that option. Sorry bout the pic quality. Maybe some one who has a better camera and can find this on their tank can do better.

• Bibleman

Posted March 09, 2008 - 10:44 AM

Figures, I just got mine in two days ago (but a 4.7) and was looking forward to installing it.:thumbsup: I'm going out to the garage to check mine and report back. I'm still not clear on the exact area I'm looking for but I'll check the entire right side

• martinfan30

Posted March 09, 2008 - 10:50 AM

All the reports ive read are just pertaining to the clarke 4.0.
The spot is right behind the right hand side tank mounting slot. On the vertical wall in the tunnel of the tank.

• Bibleman

Posted March 09, 2008 - 11:56 AM

Well my 4.7 in white has it too. HOWEVER, it doesn't appear to be so much of a light area as it is an indented area. I hung an LED flashlight inside and turned out the lights. The dented areas transmit less light then the corners do. So for now I'm not worried but if there was something to reinforce it with I would. If it were to leak it could be a bad situation since you wouldn't notice it right away and it is right above the spark plug and hottest part of the engine:eek:

• martinfan30

Posted March 09, 2008 - 03:45 PM

Well my 4.7 in white has it too. HOWEVER, it doesn't appear to be so much of a light area as it is an indented area. I hung an LED flashlight inside and turned out the lights. The dented areas transmit less light then the corners do. So for now I'm not worried but if there was something to reinforce it with I would. If it were to leak it could be a bad situation since you wouldn't notice it right away and it is right above the spark plug and hottest part of the engine:eek:

Curious... Can you post a pic of your "spot"?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bibleman

Posted March 09, 2008 - 04:09 PM

Martinfan, I wish I could but I'm terrible with stuff like that. Best I can say is once I saw mine, your picture made perfect sense.

• WR TOM

Posted March 09, 2008 - 04:12 PM

Curious... Can you post a pic of your "spot"?

Posted Image

Gotcha:p :thumbsup: Just checking your sense of humor:busted:

• Bibleman

Posted March 09, 2008 - 04:23 PM

That's not MY "spot"!:thumbsup:

• WR TOM

Posted March 09, 2008 - 04:28 PM

That's not MY "spot"!:thumbsup:

He is not mine either. Just a friend of mine over in CrownKing AZ

• martinfan30

Posted March 09, 2008 - 04:30 PM

Looks like a good spot to enjoy a cold PBR!

• WR TOM

Posted March 09, 2008 - 06:01 PM

Looks like a good spot to enjoy a cold PBR!

Bring that super looking L down here sometime & we can ride:ride: over from Prescott & I will buy ya one:thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted March 09, 2008 - 07:56 PM

Bring that super looking L down here sometime & we can ride:ride: over from Prescott & I will buy ya one:thumbsup:

Will do! I will let you know when I can get a KP from wifey to get out.

• Kenzo

Posted March 09, 2008 - 08:22 PM

on my kayak u just melt some extra plastic u saved from drilling holes to mount extra items to fill gouges:excuseme:

it's made out of polyethylene, heat up a puddy knife and "have at it" is wut i did.

but u may want to drain ur tank and fill it with water before attempting this procedure...:D

:thumbsup:

P.S. maybe a hot glue gun? i'm not going to check mine or i may be compelled to take corrective action :eek:

• Purcell69

Posted March 09, 2008 - 09:46 PM

He is not mine either. Just a friend of mine over in CrownKing AZ

I thought I recongized that store front! Now I know who got into my cooler, too.

-Joe

• AaronBrown

Posted March 10, 2008 - 07:36 AM

All the reports ive read are just pertaining to the clarke 4.0.
The spot is right behind the right hand side tank mounting slot. On the vertical wall in the tunnel of the tank.

I hope so, I just ordered a 4.7 yesterday.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.