I need a smog pump...

27 replies to this topic
  • rushfan

Posted March 11, 2008 - 04:41 AM

that looks like the one I need...

Hey MountainMax, Check your P.M.

You guy's are awesome. Thanks to everyone for the all of the responses!!!:thumbsup: :eek:

• splitpunk

Posted March 11, 2008 - 05:57 AM

Even during red sticker dates they would not let you ride that is BS.
Once you get the smog back on use a ball bearing make sure it fits snog and then away you go. My buddy is a mechanic and has been doing it for years to pass smog tests. I know but it works. I have no back fire no misfire and no poping.

• BigBelly

Posted March 11, 2008 - 10:53 AM

I've got an '07 WR and all the factory smog crap was taken off by the dealer. I found out that the AIS removal kits that were first used on '07's were made for '06 bikes. They cut off that metal piece on my bike (see pic above). I got everything put back on and just used a heavy duty automotive hose to make the bend. Works perfect and looks like it will be much less likely to break or bend.

Just an FYI for those with 07-08 bikes that had this done. By the way, that metal part lists for more than $80.00!

• MountainMax

Posted March 14, 2008 - 02:31 AM

It's in the mail rushfan, air mail, 5-9 days they told me to CA :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rushfan

Posted March 21, 2008 - 04:19 AM

This is the one. Thanks again MountainMax. You are a man of integrity.

I don't get on this board too much, but, out of nowhere, I come along and ask for something from you guy's. Not only do I always get good advise, but MountainMax stepped up to the plate and came through. :confused: This all worked out really well. :sweden: :excuseme: :excuseme:

• MountainMax

Posted March 21, 2008 - 07:10 AM

Glad you got it in time for your ride. We are here to help...

• longfellow628

Posted March 21, 2008 - 07:11 PM

If a 08 will fit you can have mine

• MountainMax

Posted March 22, 2008 - 04:33 AM

he alreayd has mine, installed and is out riding it now :confused:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.