I need a smog pump...

27 replies to this topic
  • rushfan

Posted March 08, 2008 - 07:33 PM

For an 05 wr450!!! I'm sure some of you know the story: We do the free mods, then the tree huggers throw a wrench in it for some of us.:thumbsup: :eek: :D
Anyway, would anyone like to donate, or sell one to me...Please!?!?!?

Thanks in advance, rushfan(Greg)

• KennyMc

Posted March 08, 2008 - 07:55 PM

Check out the sticky at the top of this forum. Maybe someone there can help.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=597909

• rushfan

Posted March 08, 2008 - 08:04 PM

Check out the sticky at the top of this forum. Maybe someone there can help.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=597909

Thank you sir...:eek: :thumbsup:

• 2lcf

Posted March 08, 2008 - 08:20 PM

Rushfan...............did you get caught somewhere....?? is that why you need the pump............let us know where to avoid........thanks........

• rushfan

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:21 PM

Rushfan...............did you get caught somewhere....?? is that why you need the pump............let us know where to avoid........thanks........

Yeah...There were 3 of us WR's that couldn't ride. This is the place.http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1221 :thumbsup:

• 2lcf

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:27 PM

Yeah...There were 3 of us WR's that couldn't ride. This is the place.http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1221 :thumbsup:

That's one place I will never go toooo...........I would love to see the offroad vehicles(4x4's) pass all the smog restrictions toooo..........what a bunch of BS............:eek: :D

• KennyMc

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:28 PM

Yeah...There were 3 of us WR's that couldn't ride. This is the place.http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1221 :D

:ride: :thumbsup: :lol: :ride: :eek: :ride: I have some work to do. It's only a matter of time that it comes farther south to the LA / OC area.

• 2lcf

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:32 PM

:D :thumbsup: :ride: :lol: :eek: :ride: I have some work to do. It's only a matter of time that it comes farther south to the LA / OC area.

I guess I will pull my AIS apart and block it off internally.......there is NO way they will pull it off to make sure it works............I know the Forest Service and cops are not checking the air pumps...........as long as it is registered and has a spark arrestor, they don't care..........

• rushfan

Posted March 09, 2008 - 05:39 AM

I guess I will pull my AIS apart and block it off internally.......there is NO way they will pull it off to make sure it works............I know the Forest Service and cops are not checking the air pumps...........as long as it is registered and has a spark arrestor, they don't care..........

Yeah, I agree. That's what I hear that people are doing. Just putting it back so that it's there, and not really working. They'd have to take the pump off to check it, and I doubt they'll do that. Especially if I weld mine on:prof:

So, does anyone have one I can have??? :thumbsup:

• 2lcf

Posted March 09, 2008 - 08:36 AM

Yeah, I agree. That's what I hear that people are doing. Just putting it back so that it's there, and not really working. They'd have to take the pump off to check it, and I doubt they'll do that. Especially if I weld mine on:prof:

So, does anyone have one I can have??? :thumbsup:

Sorry noone has gotten back to you............I think I will be keeping mine for my 08 jusst incase they start checking more........good luck.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rushfan

Posted March 09, 2008 - 08:44 AM

I think I will be keeping mine for my 08 jusst incase they start checking more........good luck.....

I don't blame you for that!! Thanks for checking in....:thumbsup:

• rushfan

Posted March 09, 2008 - 05:44 PM

Really??? Nobody has a smog pump???? :thumbsup: :eek: :D

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 09, 2008 - 06:47 PM

Yeah...There were 3 of us WR's that couldn't ride. This is the place.http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1221 :eek:

That place has been the worst :D They'll let 110 db quads run around the quad track and people wheelie all around the the staging area endangering people and their property but they'll be damned if they let you in because you're missing a 1 lb heap of metal with hoses coming out of it. Hell, they'll even let red sticker bikes run around on the nationals track in the heat of the summer....

I wonder if all those little go carts are emissions compliant? :thumbsup:

What I'm worried about is all the '05 and '06 WR owners that used the TT AIS removal kit... isn't that pretty much permanent?

• wantmorepower

Posted March 09, 2008 - 09:36 PM

Wow, this is ridiculous, WR's are actually really eco friendly right? Give us a break already

• rushfan

Posted March 10, 2008 - 03:39 AM

That place has been the worst :cry: They'll let 110 db quads run around the quad track and people wheelie all around the the staging area endangering people and their property but they'll be damned if they let you in because you're missing a 1 lb heap of metal with hoses coming out of it. Hell, they'll even let red sticker bikes run around on the nationals track in the heat of the summer....

I wonder if all those little go carts are emissions compliant? :eek:

What I'm worried about is all the '05 and '06 WR owners that used the TT AIS removal kit... isn't that pretty much permanent?

I like your bottom line...:D :ride: :lol: :ride: :ride: :ride: :thumbsup:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageFriends don't let friends ride at Prarie City! Posted ImagePosted Image

• Dube2

Posted March 10, 2008 - 06:32 AM

I hear all the above........ Eventually, the So Cal BLM will be checking for AIS. It's not if?, it's when!. It's only a matter of time. Once they hear of another governed area is checking, they'll all start doing it. I'm sure there's a law preventing them from touching your bike? (any atourneys?) So as long as it passes a visual inspection, your good. Just my $.02.

I removed the one on my 05 but plan on plugging the hoses and re-installing it. I installed the kit on my 08 but, plugged the hoses. I like the ball bearing idea that anothert TTer did, just hard to find the right size. I used a bolt with electrical tape wrapped around till it was just the right diameter, than shoved it in the hose(s) and you can't tell unless you squeez the hose.

Went riding in Gorman this saturday and all they checked for was the sparky.:thumbsup:

• MountainMax

Posted March 10, 2008 - 07:30 AM

I have one off my 2006 WR450, $20.00 shipped to you if it's any good. I just have to dig it out.

• rushfan

Posted March 10, 2008 - 11:35 AM

I have one off my 2006 WR450, $20.00 shipped to you if it's any good

I sent you a P.M.:thumbsup:

• 2lcf

Posted March 10, 2008 - 09:50 PM

I sent you a P.M.:eek:

Hope that works for you Rushfan................good luck.......Thanks Mountainmax for helping him out...............:thumbsup:

• MountainMax

Posted March 11, 2008 - 02:35 AM

Found it !!!!!!
Is this what you want? here are pics of the pump, and all the hoses, with the steel pipe an even the seal inside the end.

Posted Image

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.