650r lowering link

3 replies to this topic
  • onewoodsrider

Posted March 08, 2008 - 05:43 PM

Looking for a link to lower 650r any leads would be great.

Thanks
Todd

• scalejockey

Posted March 08, 2008 - 06:18 PM

I had a Kouba link on my drz 400.Hated what it did to the handling. And overall made the suspension real soft even when the spring preload was set at 3 inches. That was on a revalved shock too.

The handling might of been better if i were able to push the forks up higher (the bars were in the way),on the R if you still have the stock clamp i think the forks can clear the bars.I run applied racing clamp that puts the bars over the forks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Old Dog

Posted March 08, 2008 - 06:48 PM

I have a Kouba link on my '06 XR650L and I love it, no handling issues whatsoever. I just followed the install instructions and pushed my fork tubes up an inch in the triple clamps which pretty much restores the stock steering geometry. I also found Kouba Link excellent to deal with. My link was shipped the same day it was ordered and I had it within three days (I'm in Northern Canada). The only thing I ended up doing that wasn't in the instructions, was cutting an inch out of my stock kickstand and rewelding it to restore the stock lean angle when on the kickstand. :thumbsup: :eek: :D

• resurrection

Posted March 08, 2008 - 10:05 PM

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.