Wr 450 Exaust

3 replies to this topic
  • 708ai

Posted March 08, 2008 - 04:15 PM

Is stock exaust with a pmb insert good or is it worth putting a pipe on. Noise is not a problem and I am looking to get more out of my bike and dont know what to do.

• dazzabb

Posted March 08, 2008 - 05:52 PM

I run an 05 450 and tried the PMB silent insert. To be honest I could not feel improvement in power at all.:eek: Others on the forum claim it works but personally I felt nothing. I removed it and went back to no insert for a while.

If, as you say noise is not a problem I would replace the end can.

So many to choose from, I went with the GYTR. Now that does give more power :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Justang

Posted March 08, 2008 - 07:09 PM

I had the PMB. Then debaffled the exhaust. I ended up getting a Dr.D slip on and it was well worth the $300.

Here's what the PMB insert sounds like with the stock exhaust system (not debaffled.)
Once it was debaffled it was loud and kind of raspy. It wasn't a deep sound either, kinda high pitched.
The Dr.D. is much deeper and easier to keep a tune.

• MountainMax

Posted March 09, 2008 - 09:06 AM

I tried the pmb insert and removed first baffle, a bit better but when i put a used Yz muffler on i loved it, way more power everywhere.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.