how do i install a fuel screw?

3 replies to this topic
  • therealnumber13

Posted March 08, 2008 - 12:29 PM

hi i have a wr450f 2006 and ive just got round to installing a sunline fuel screw i have took the plug that covers it out and i ready to install the new version but what order do you put the spring, washer and o-ring. any help would be great.:thumbsup:

• William1

Posted March 08, 2008 - 01:34 PM

Screw-Spring-Washer-Oring

Gently screw in all the way. This is the closed poistion. Back it out two turns, ride the bike and make the final tweaks once the bike is fully up to temp.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dazzabb

Posted March 08, 2008 - 02:58 PM

Put a little grease around the o-ring to help keep it it place.

Some aftermarket fuel screws have a habit of vibrating loose so keep an eye on it.

• William1

Posted March 08, 2008 - 04:06 PM

True about the loosening and potential for loosing it altogether. I put a second oring on the shaft (many have a groove for this). Makes the screw stay put real good but still turnable. I would not grease it though as the grease could get up in the pilot circuit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.