Tera-Flex Review

36 replies to this topic
  • FNG241_WR450F

Posted May 20, 2003 - 08:02 AM

Hey, Were you able to order the tire from the site? I called the number on the site and they said I had to be a dealer to order the tire from them. Any suggestions????

• YAMAKAZE

Posted May 20, 2003 - 08:21 AM

Man this is an old post....

Bonzai :)

• BrandonW

Posted May 20, 2003 - 09:21 AM

Oldie, but a goodie!

Here is a question: How many have tried the Flex? And what were your impressions?

Gracias!

• sjw

Posted May 20, 2003 - 09:40 AM

WOW!

• blireef

Posted May 21, 2003 - 03:01 PM

Brandon, I think that tire is way too big for the 426, I tried one and don't even think of rolling backward or the mudflap goes up.I agree that you need more HP with this tire and the lack of performance in the deep stuff confirms it. the 110 still works best on this bike, it doesn't bog it down and hooks up good :).. my 2 cents, let me know if you're coming down toward MT. Adams later this Summer when the snow melts. :D

• BrandonW

Posted May 27, 2003 - 04:43 PM

Somebody e-mailed me today wanting to know what they looked like mounted. Here are a couple of pictures of my buddies bike... Got any questions?

:)
Posted Image
Still no questions?
Posted Image
And the C'ou de Grace....

Posted Image
Just keepin' things fun!

• jasowiii

Posted May 27, 2003 - 07:22 PM

Man those are "BIG'UNS"!!! The knobs on that tire of course.

• banffboy

Posted May 28, 2003 - 04:38 AM

That's one funky look'in overflow set up :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jasowiii

Posted May 30, 2003 - 06:15 PM

It's called a "Jimmy Tube" man. :)

Jimmy

• jasowiii

Posted June 02, 2003 - 09:46 AM

I ran into deep snow this weekend, riding with Lowedog. I kept letting him go first so when he got stuck I could throw a "Slushy Roost" :D at him when I blew by!!! The only thing better in the snow would have been a 2" paddle track! :)

• angusbeck

Posted March 09, 2005 - 07:09 PM

Could you send me the pics?

• Gadsen

Posted March 09, 2005 - 08:21 PM

Man, wished the links would work for me. It just sais the path is no good. Help!

• BrandonW

Posted March 10, 2005 - 08:41 AM

Wow! Blast from the past! I don't think those pictures are available any more. I had them hosted on www.freepictures.com and I think they went defunct or something...

• 99wr400

Posted March 10, 2005 - 09:05 PM

I use a TeraFlex, and it's the only tire that will even keep up with my engine. There is NO way that the tire is too much for a modified WR4__... Go to intercotire.com and look at the tread type II, its a beast.

• Noppy

Posted July 18, 2005 - 08:11 PM

Has anyone any info on how many thread you could use up, until the tera type II starts using its functionality?

Noppy

• Stinson

Posted July 19, 2005 - 07:59 AM

My brother ran this tire a few times, its great when its new but after a while it flattens and and doesnt bite well around turns. The tread is so big that it begins to float on top and not dig to get traction. Other than that seemed to be a great all around tire. Heavy as hell though..

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted July 19, 2005 - 09:06 PM

I just got one of the 140/80 ones made in USA. It is OK. It is not all I hoped it to be. I am not sure it grabs as good as the M5B it replaced. It sure seems to spin alot in the loose stuff. I hope it wears well, but so far it seems to be not wearing real well. I can already see lots of wear on it. I will give it a fair go, but I can see the Monster5B on the back of my bike again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.