WR Accelerator pump problem.......

9 replies to this topic
  • advent

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:02 AM

When i look down the carb on my wr400 with Air box removed, the squirt of fuel from the AP seems to hit the lip of the rubber boot join connecting the carb to engine, is there a problem here? as it does not look like it is squirting direclty in to the in-take :thumbsup:

• dirtysouth

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:13 AM

If its running good then let it be...or if you are entirely concerned check out Merge racing's ALJ and APS here.

• advent

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:32 AM

well there is slight bogging, something i've lived with since i've owned the bike tho.

• dirtysouth

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:57 AM

Well why don't you check this out. It gives a little info on the product and then at the end it gives a little info on tuning the AP..:thumbsup:

• advent

Posted March 08, 2008 - 10:15 AM

thanks for that. i did try the wire trick and it did make the squirt more powerful and direct missing the rubber boot, but the bogging was still there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted March 08, 2008 - 01:35 PM

What size leak jet do you have in?

• advent

Posted March 09, 2008 - 03:32 AM

no idea something i shall check, what size is best?

• clark4131

Posted March 09, 2008 - 05:20 AM

What size leak jet do you have in?

I don't believe there is a leak jet in a WR400 carb...SC

• advent

Posted March 09, 2008 - 05:23 AM

clark your right, as i have just found out for my self when i removed float bowl there was not one there!

• advent

Posted March 09, 2008 - 07:42 AM

Well it appears the bogging is not to do with the AP, as when i hold the AP with a screwdriver so it is not activated while using throttle, it still bogs when i snap the throttle :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.