Ty Davis

5 replies to this topic
  • Kermit

Posted April 23, 2002 - 05:52 PM

So, why is Ty riding a Yz 250 this season instead of the 426?

• yzernie

Posted April 23, 2002 - 08:09 PM

Depends on the race and terrain. Sometimes you feel like a 426, sometimes you don't!!! Nice to have that option (I'll never know!!)

Ernie

• YAMAKAZE

Posted April 24, 2002 - 02:31 AM

Ty is one of my heros....But he sure got spanked at the Macon Ga "Rebel Run" GNCC, on the 426. Since then, he hasn't returned to the GNCC series, then he pulled the 250 out of mothballs. Mabe the east coast woods are too much for him.

That's ok..Jason Raines has taken up the slack quite nicely....

Bonzai :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted April 24, 2002 - 05:30 AM

Kermit, I see Ty when I race in the desert. He shows up with different bike all the time. He mostly rides the 426 but I do see him on the 250f quite a bit. And he also races the 250 2 stroke. Must be nice..........

• A_McDaniel

Posted April 24, 2002 - 09:25 PM

I have only been involved in desert racing (D37) for a short time but I have seen all the top guys ride both a 250 and an open bike. It just depends on how technical it coarse is and they allmost all ride their 250's in the open class.

• Ike

Posted April 24, 2002 - 05:12 PM

TY was out in Milliken Colorado April 14th riding the YZ 250. Had a great lead but on the 11th lap rumor is she seized up on him. I was watching for him to come around and next thing I knew he was pushing his bike into the Pits. Great news is Local Colorado rider MK took his Big Blue Thumper to the #1 finish.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.