YZ 450 for a supermoto fun

14 replies to this topic
  • ifix

Posted March 07, 2008 - 12:22 PM

Hi guys,
i hope you like my new creation....
the bike will be strong tuned.....the work is ongoing....
Luigi,
Italy...:thumbsup:

Posted Image

• Twig323

Posted March 07, 2008 - 12:35 PM

i would like to do the same to mine but i cant give up MX

• tnl

Posted March 07, 2008 - 12:38 PM

I got a ton of pop up windows when I viewed that link with medium to high security internet settings?

• ifix

Posted March 07, 2008 - 01:11 PM

I got a ton of pop up windows when I viewed that link with medium to high security internet settings?

I don't understand: do you wieved a pic? Got a popup? This is a private link from ImageShack: i think it's safe....:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted March 07, 2008 - 01:20 PM

Image Shack pins spam pop-ups on everything. Firefox blocks them (mostly) so they don't bother me much, but IE users on PC's could run int trouble from some of them (spyware, etc.)

• gbalias

Posted March 07, 2008 - 05:55 PM

nice.

welcome to the 'club'

Posted Image

Posted Image

• ifix

Posted March 08, 2008 - 07:33 AM

nice.

welcome to the 'club'

Posted Image

Posted Image

thank you...:eek:
where is this amazing place? On Mars? :thumbsup: Wowowowowowow.....

bye.....
Luigi...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gbalias

Posted March 08, 2008 - 06:24 PM

thats Horse Thief Mile at Willow Springs Raceway in California.

• MaxPower

Posted March 08, 2008 - 07:17 PM

[COLOR="Green"]did you guys space the chain over or offset the rear wheels when you laced it to keep the chain from hitting the tire?

Supermoto looks like so much fun.
The set up cost is keeping me back. There is no way I am getting out there without leathers even if I just run stock size rims.
In sportsman class, can you change the front disc size ?Or do you have to keep the stock size on for that class. I think I would like if they made you run the stocker cause that would be one thing less to buy.[/COLOR]

• gbalias

Posted March 08, 2008 - 07:47 PM

i built the wheels based on the chain location.

its really not that expensive if you know a couple handy tricks.

...and yes, its a blast!!!

this is a 150 mounted on my 4.25 rear...more than enough room and no rub.
Posted Image

• 426boy

Posted March 08, 2008 - 10:15 PM

supermoto looks like a blast, my neighbor is planning on building a 2 or 3 mile supermoto/cart track, on his property, right next to the 2.5 mile mx track and the 50 track. i cant wait :thumbsup:

• gbalias

Posted March 08, 2008 - 10:33 PM

thats gonna be a long track.

more like for the super singles.

• 426boy

Posted March 08, 2008 - 10:51 PM

thats gonna be a long track.

more like for the super singles.

were trying to make it as big as we can, so we can run watever we can on the track, sportbikes, super singles, carts, maby cars we'll see. the paved track will prolly be coming in a year or so, if it ever happens, right now its just a sick idea. but he has the money, the land and the skillz so we'll see :thumbsup:

• ifix

Posted March 08, 2008 - 11:22 PM

[COLOR="Green"]did you guys space the chain over or offset the rear wheels when you laced it to keep the chain from hitting the tire?

Supermoto looks like so much fun.
The set up cost is keeping me back. There is no way I am getting out there without leathers even if I just run stock size rims.
In sportsman class, can you change the front disc size ?Or do you have to keep the stock size on for that class. I think I would like if they made you run the stocker cause that would be one thing less to buy.[/COLOR]

the rule is:
the tire/rim must be in centered position.:D
Everithing else will be related to this must. If the chain shave a little the tire doesn't matter. It's importand that the grease don't make the tire shoulder fetty......:eek:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

for a rear tire the min size is 160.....
for a front size is 120; 16.5" it's better then 17" for a kart track.....

:thumbsup:
ifix...

• gbalias

Posted March 08, 2008 - 11:33 PM

perhaps you have some restrictions there.

its not a minimum her in the states to run a 160 ( also might not be understanding you). ive seen everything from a 140 to a 165 mounted up.

also a slight offset is fine..the rear hub isnt symmetrical due to the sprocket distance from centerline. that is where you get the offset from.

as far as the track, it would be sweet to build it up so you can have 10-15 different routes.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.