B53E needle came with a bushing?

1 reply to this topic
  • michaelschorpp

Posted March 07, 2008 - 11:05 AM

Hi There,

I ordered a B53E needle for my 2000 XR650R (uncorked-had a B53F in it when I bought it). The needle came with what looks like a bushing. Does anyone know where it goes or if I even need it?

Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jdubb75

Posted March 07, 2008 - 11:46 AM

Hi There,

I ordered a B53E needle for my 2000 XR650R (uncorked-had a B53F in it when I bought it). The needle came with what looks like a bushing. Does anyone know where it goes or if I even need it?

Mike

I believe you are talking about the needle seat. Pay attention to the one you take out and put the new one back in the same orientation. If my memory serves me correct, you will have to take out the main and slow jets to get to it. Once they are out the seat should slide out of the hole the slow jet threaded into. Be careful when sliding it out so you can see which way it comes out.

If you don't have a service manual you can download one here...

http://194.19.84.6/xr/

It will have pics and will show you how to get to the stock needle seat.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.