YZ426 Clutch Parts

1 reply to this topic
  • BASSic

Posted March 07, 2008 - 11:03 AM

I want to replace the clutch on my 01 YZ426 with OEM parts, but I can't find what I need.

The microfiche from Yamaha isn't answering my questions. I know I need 8 friction plates and 8 steel plates (#7 and #8 in the drawing), but what about the six springs? Where are they located? Are they represented by #9 in the drawing? Do I need another lock washer (#15)? Is there anything else I need?

I'm hoping someone with experience replacing a 426 clutch can fill me in. I called the TT store, but they told me to just look at the drawing to see what I need.

My extenders at the lever and down by the case are nearly all the way out and my clutch isn't disengaging completely. If I rev the engine while stopped in gear and the clutch pulled in, the bike wants to pull forward a little. I'm planning to take the side cover off tomorrow to see exactly what's going on, but I don't think a replacement clutch would hurt. I bought the bike used with not much riding time on it, but the clutch is 7 years old now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 07, 2008 - 11:18 AM

The springs are #9, and yes, get another washer. You also need a bottom plate, #12.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.