How often do you change your tubes?

9 replies to this topic
  • ghrati ghoti

Posted March 07, 2008 - 10:03 AM

Do you change them every time you change your tire? Does riding on the street (60mph+) wear a tube more?

• cleonard

Posted March 07, 2008 - 10:42 AM

I bet that street riding does wear them more.

I usually change the tube every third or fourth time. It depends on what it looks like when I change the tire. Lately I've been getting pinch flats often enough that it's not an issue.

• martinfan30

Posted March 07, 2008 - 10:50 AM

I just bought my third set of tires(MT21's).. I will be doing tubes this time, for the first time.

• 650_shark

Posted March 07, 2008 - 11:58 AM

I do HD Tubes, every few tire changes. It depends what the tubes look like as stated by cleonard.

dirt racers like to do it every tire change, but I'm in the opinion of what the tubes look like.

• Denn10

Posted March 07, 2008 - 04:19 PM

HD tubes with a new tire or whenever i decide to blow one out trying a 120 ft tabletop on my L.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Norge

Posted March 07, 2008 - 06:47 PM

HD tubes with a new tire or whenever i decide to blow one out trying a 120 ft tabletop on my L.

You da man denn! :thumbsup:

I change tubes when they go flat.

• scalejockey

Posted March 07, 2008 - 07:26 PM

Only if it's really chafted (rashed)sometimes you can't put enough baby powder in there! Or the stem is rusted bad.

• martinfan30

Posted March 07, 2008 - 09:57 PM

I want to see that!

• Denn10

Posted March 07, 2008 - 10:38 PM

I want to see that!

OH ill show you something in 4 weeks baby

• Motosprtman

Posted March 08, 2008 - 07:52 AM

I change em with every tire change IF they are unknown's i.e. replacing tires on an old rim, on a older bike for the first time
- otherwise I inspect and reinstall.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.