steel brake lines

4 replies to this topic
  • sabin

Posted November 01, 2002 - 04:09 AM

Is the WR426F font brake line steel type. If not is there a big difference with steel?

• MN_Kevin

Posted November 01, 2002 - 04:15 AM

NOT Steel

IMHO : YES, Big difference, and worth every penny.

I also bled the crap out of it after install! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Missile

Posted November 05, 2002 - 04:33 AM

Huge difference on my '98 wr400. I installed a fastline. Pretty easy to do yourself and they sell the stock WR routing too (about 65-70$). Just be sure you get the banjo aligned and with enough washers to get a good fit on the caliper end.

• SFO

Posted November 05, 2002 - 08:44 AM

Both the galfer and the goodridge ss line kits are better quality than the fastline. I returned my fastline when the fittings were indexed improperly and the stiffener sleeve was loose on the line allowing it to slide around.
The goodridge kit is available from parts unlimited.
Check your dealer for the galfer availability.

• sabin

Posted November 05, 2002 - 10:16 AM

10x fellas for the hints!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.