I lucked out!

7 replies to this topic
  • tnat1

Posted March 07, 2008 - 07:07 AM

I just got my title for my 2006 yz450f yesterday and it looks like the illinois DMV screwed up, They didnt put offroad only on it, all it says is motorcycle.
after talking to my buddy who sells bikes im going today to transfer the plates from my drz to the yz and get a head light. Im thinking about getting one of those Super mtn bike headlights and i already have a baja led tail light that i can just hook up a battery to and make it a quick detachable setup for quick 1hr street strafing runs of woodstock and one mirror.

Hey if this title thing works how much do you think it helped increase my bikes value?

• grayracer513

Posted March 07, 2008 - 08:37 AM

I don't know how it works in Illinois, but in California, the vehicle license plate number is printed on the registration slip, and if you get stopped, it has to match. Switching plates from one vehicle to another is a felony.

• hotdog7

Posted March 07, 2008 - 08:52 AM

I don't know how it works in Illinois, but in California, the vehicle license plate number is printed on the registration slip, and if you get stopped, it has to match. Switching plates from one vehicle to another is a felony.

I think he meant transfer plate like a car.

• tnat1

Posted March 07, 2008 - 08:53 AM

Im going to legally transfer the plates from my drz400 i sold to the yz, i just have to go to the currency exchange here and its like $28.

Do you think it will increase my bikes value?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 07, 2008 - 09:00 AM

It would in California because of the virtual impossibility of getting a YZ plated here. If it's a hard thing to accomplish in Illinois, then yes, it should.

• tnat1

Posted March 07, 2008 - 09:03 AM

It would in California because of the virtual impossibility of getting a YZ plated here. If it's a hard thing to accomplish in Illinois, then yes, it should.

How much do you think it would increase it? 500-1K-1.5K

• grayracer513

Posted March 07, 2008 - 09:20 AM

Here, it might add $1k.

• krzyaszwhiteboy

Posted March 07, 2008 - 09:32 AM

When I was 16 I bought a 79, I think it was a 79 yz 250. I duno that was like 12 years ago. Any way when my dad and I went to the dmv to register it and get the green sticker the lady handed me a license plate. I looked at my dad and he was just like "shut up boy". Pops just kinda swiped the plate from me and I rode that dinosaur with no sticker until I sold it to my friend for double what I paid. I think that plate went on one of my dads panheads.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.