Best tyres for Honda XR600r?

6 replies to this topic
  • Ivan X

Posted March 07, 2008 - 05:53 AM

Wich tyres will be best for off road use(woods,mud,rocks,river crossing)-i`m thinking about Dunlop 756,Michelin S 12...any suggestions?

• cleonard

Posted March 07, 2008 - 07:56 AM

Those are both great tires. I like the 756.

The XR600 will wear out a tire very quickly. I was buying a 756 every month or two. That became expensive. I now use the Maxxis Desert IT and it lasts much longer. Not as good traction, but I will take the trade off for longer life.

• Owyhee

Posted March 07, 2008 - 04:57 PM

I run M12 front and S12 rear in soft deserty riding with more sand than mud. I get about 20 rides out of a front and 5-10 rides (250-500 km) out of a rear before the center knobs are worn flat/torn off.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HeadTrauma

Posted March 07, 2008 - 05:49 PM

I had a 756 front on a CR250 and it seemed like a good intermediate to soft terrain tire. I have a Maxxix Cross IT on the back of my 600 and it's a nice general purpose tire with reasonably long life.

• Thumpmeister

Posted March 07, 2008 - 05:51 PM

For traction, my favorites are an BIG M12 in the rear, and a 952. However, they don't last too long.

My most favorite overall has to be the 756. It doesn't hook up quite as well as the others, but it does a really good job, and seems to last a lot longer than the others.

If you want a tire that will wear very little, I had a Maxxis IT that lasted a LONG time, but was miserable in many conditions...

• davegod

Posted March 07, 2008 - 08:13 PM

i'd stick with the dunlops also.i've been using a 952 rear and 756 front on my cr250 and they wear fairly well.i run a755 front and 756 rear on my wr450.on the 450 the 755 doesn't break the outer knobs down so quickly when braking olde 4fiddy be a bit heavier to stop.and you can keep your maxxis...

• Ivan X

Posted March 07, 2008 - 08:36 PM

Here in Srbija we dont have dilers for that Maxxis tyres...Anyway,what is important for me:good traction on variety of terrain-price is not a important and i dont want to sacrifice performans(grip) for longer life tyres.
So,apparently- D 756 is a best choice.
Thanks for fast response to my question...

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.