Replacement Plastic

6 replies to this topic
  • tp3dxf

Posted April 23, 2002 - 05:35 PM

Looking to change the look of my 01WR426. I have a black Clarke 3.3 gal YZ tank on the way. Picking up a new SDG black seat in the next couple of days. My next mission is to find black front and rear fenders. If I have to loose the rear tail light and the front light to get what I am looking for I will. I would like to keep them but I know I'll never really need the lights. What I really need is a whole new plastic kit. Has anyone ever done this to their WR? If so where did you find your stuff? Will YZ front and rear fenders bolt up to my WR without any drilling? Later.

• Steve_Sanford

Posted April 23, 2002 - 07:01 PM

I would love to put black fenders on my bike. But just to give you something to think about, when a black fender bends or creases it turns white. This stands out alot, and you can't get rid of them. GOOD LUCK.

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 23, 2002 - 07:10 PM

when black loses it's shine (which is right away), the bike alwys looks old and tired.

Ever thought about the yellow One Industries plastic?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCalWR426

Posted April 23, 2002 - 07:26 PM

Great Idea, But black looks ratty right away. Listen to the other guy's Black look's great in a showroom but will look like poop after one ride. Not to mention what that black gas tank is going to do on HOT day's in direct sunlight :)

• MOmilkman

Posted April 24, 2002 - 02:47 AM

On the crease issue, Ive been running the yellow kit for over 2 years now and the plastic has no creases at all and still looks fairly good.
Of course the shine is gone, but I think all plastic loses its shine after a few rides in the woods.

• banffboy

Posted April 24, 2002 - 04:33 AM

acerbis makes total kits in a number of colour(black for sure). I had a 98 that had crease in the fenders and I used a heat gun to take the white marks out

• MOmilkman

Posted April 24, 2002 - 07:28 AM

Even though this set appears to be used its going for $28 right now. Thats a steal!!

I bought my plastic kit for $240 I believe. If I was thinking about a yellow plastic kit this would be the sweet ticket.

Click Here!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.