Acerbis Handguards....but WHICH MODEL Acerbis Handguards

11 replies to this topic
  • Brtp4

Posted March 06, 2008 - 08:42 PM

I am updating the front end on my bike, and want to install some Acerbis handguards. Trouble is, they have so many models I am lost.

I want something with decent protection, but not something ugly. Looking at the multiplo.

Any ideas?

BP

• sploogemonkey

Posted March 06, 2008 - 09:52 PM

I've got the Rally Pros on my 600R.

I like 'em.

Posted Image

• Brtp4

Posted March 07, 2008 - 07:59 AM

I've got the Rally Pros on my 600R.

I like 'em.

Posted Image

Those are looking pretty nice. Decent wind protection? Fall DS riding around here gets frickin' cold on the hands with MX gloves.

BP

• cleonard

Posted March 07, 2008 - 08:26 AM

The main thing is to be sure to get the ones with the aluminum bar in them. Teh ones that are only plastic are weak and break after a few falls.

The have additional pieces that they call "spoilers" that extend from the top. They really help the wind protection.

• Itchykawa

Posted March 07, 2008 - 09:14 AM

I like the Moose brand aluminum guards with the "large" handguards. Great wind protection but still with a streamlined look. Every color on the rainbow too - including Honda red. A friend uses them on his dual-sported CRF450X and I can't keep from drooling all over them. Check them out.

Wind protection is VERY important to me but some that offer plenty of it look like $#!+. Not so with the Moose ones.

• Brtp4

Posted March 07, 2008 - 10:28 AM

I like the Moose brand aluminum guards with the "large" handguards. Great wind protection but still with a streamlined look. Every color on the rainbow too - including Honda red. A friend uses them on his dual-sported CRF450X and I can't keep from drooling all over them. Check them out.

Wind protection is VERY important to me but some that offer plenty of it look like $#!+. Not so with the Moose ones.

Thanks Itchy, they look good. But I gotta stick with with Acerbis.

BP

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mogdorr

Posted March 07, 2008 - 11:09 AM

I have the multiplo, other then the name I think they're great. Three spoiler choices, pivoting inner mounts, fits full length levers ok, take crashes well.

My only criticsme would be the fatbar inner clamps didn't exactly match the taper of my Tag bars, but still work fine, meh.

• Brtp4

Posted March 07, 2008 - 12:38 PM

Multiplo it is. They have two sizes, touring is 6.5' in height, enduro is 5'. I ordered one of each from Gnarlyparts, they are one of the last to have them.

For reference, stock L handguards are about 5' in height.

BP

• Itchykawa

Posted March 07, 2008 - 01:04 PM

Thanks Itchy, they look good. But I gotta stick with with Acerbis.

BP

Acerbis is certainly good stuff! Enjoy.

• NumbaKruncha

Posted March 07, 2008 - 02:30 PM

Acerbis is certainly good stuff! Enjoy.

I have Rally Pros on my L and wouldn't recommend them. They have bent each time I've dropped the bike (which is way too often!).

The Moose guards I have on my DRZ seem to be much stronger - but then again, the bike is much lighter.

• Maroast

Posted March 07, 2008 - 04:27 PM

Posted Image

Great lookin bike man! who makes those headers?

I have a set of Tusk hand guards from rockymountainatv...pretty good for the money I guess.

I'm looking to upgrade to the cycra probends pretty soon....have you looked into these at all? http://store.cycrara...m/trclmopr.html

• sploogemonkey

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:51 AM

Maroast,

The headers are Yoshimura stainless.

I bought the full Yosh' stainless system when they had a blow out sale a few months back. I think they discontinued the system and I may have bought one of the last sets though.

Thanks for the compliment.:thumbsup:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.