rewound stator .. wont start now??

1 reply to this topic
  • black in RI

Posted March 06, 2008 - 12:14 PM

ok.. so i rewound the stator per instruction( actually i rewound it in november.. today is the frist day i put it back on)
reattached the stator anand for i dont remember them but i have some wire connections that dont have mates??
eitehr way.. i attach the stator and go to start her up ..
nothing
2x 3x the starting procedure. the idle screw thecarnb position. i can find TDC easily enough.
but it wont start.. nothing

now could i have rewound the stator incorrectly?
my bike is a 2000 650r. with a BD street legal kit.
could some of the wirign connection.. i could have reconnec ted wrong?? i attached liek colors to liek colors... and like i said i had soem wires that didnt have mates.. ican attacha pic.

ideas??

i came into some money so i might jsut buy a new rewound stator... now...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ryanthegreat1

Posted March 06, 2008 - 01:10 PM

I don't think buying a new stator is going to solve your problem if you don't have everything plugged in.

Yes there are 6 wires coming out of the stator, 2 for ignition timing, 2 for ignition power and 2 for AC power for lights.

If I remember right the 2 AC power wires run to the power regulator (aluminum thingy with air cooling fins on top of the air box) and he other 4 wires run to the CDI box (black box also on top of the air box I think).

Sorry if I am wrong about locations as my stuff has all been moved around. I could probably come up with wire colors and pictures when I get home to check.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.