YZF 450 engine parts

1 reply to this topic
  • tony b

Posted March 06, 2008 - 09:06 AM

I have an 03 YZF 450 engine that was part of a project (never finished). I was wondering if any parts were interchangable to my 07. I checked the part numbers which are different. For example I know the valve sizes are different which would make a different part number but would this bolt on my bike anyway(just in case of a major engine failure)?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 06, 2008 - 09:33 AM

Almost nothing between the two engines will interchange. The cams will, although the timing is different, and the oil pump might (I'd have to check), most of the clutch will (the basket won't), but that's about it. The head won't, the crank won't, the cylinder won't, the crankcases are entirely different, and the trans is too narrow.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.