Air filter rubber

5 replies to this topic
  • mightymart

Posted March 06, 2008 - 05:28 AM

Im in the process of cleaning both air filters that I got with my bike, but noticed that where the plastic cage goes through the filter No rubber ! I would have thought there would have been some kind of rubber gromet ? like on other makes or is this how it should be ?
Posted Image

• dugabrams

Posted March 06, 2008 - 07:43 AM

My filters don't wear rubbers either

• kskyles

Posted March 06, 2008 - 09:20 AM

no rubbers on my Uni filters either.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KAS

Posted March 06, 2008 - 09:25 AM

Get a Moose filter! They use the rubber grommet.

• SJMC_DON

Posted March 06, 2008 - 04:50 PM

I use Moose filters and I have mixed feelings... I think that they are a quality filter but they instruct you not to grease the neoprene seal.... sorry but there is no way I am not applying rim grease... I don't know if it will break down the neoprene over time but I will keep an eye on them.

As far as the center grommet goes, you don't need one. That plastic keper ring will compress the foam against the cage and that will provide an excellent seal :thumbsup:

• mightymart

Posted March 07, 2008 - 02:46 AM

Thanks, Just wanted to be sure

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.