Wibbly Wobbly Wheel

2 replies to this topic
  • MrTwister

Posted October 31, 2002 - 12:28 PM

Hi TT'ers,
im new at this dirt mallarcy, just got me a WR400 and have hurt myself already! but hey, if you dont fall off your not trying hard enough. my problem is that my front wheel has a bend in it and i dont know how to fix it, can you just tighten/loosen spokes to do it or do you tak it off and get it bent? other than that this dirt biking thing is fun!
cheers
Lachy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Steve_WR400F_#61t

Posted October 31, 2002 - 03:41 PM

depends on how much damage there is. If it's just a bit out of round and some spokes are loose, then retightening may be the way to go. If the rim is bent and dinged real bad then you might be able to straighten by pounding it back straight and then doing the spokes. If it's way out, take it to a shop to see if it's repairable.

• MrTwister

Posted November 02, 2002 - 01:08 PM

thanks Steve,
its only one bend which is a section about 15mm long and kicks it out maybe 5mm, its a soft curve, no dings as such so im not sure how it got bent that way. i might just take it to a shop let them have a look at it.
cheers
Lachy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.