Wr 450 rebuild??

1 reply to this topic
  • redadam

Posted March 05, 2008 - 06:36 PM

Hey there i found a good deal on a wr 450 but, im almost positive it needs to get rebuilt. I need to know quick to take advantage of it. Are thoes cylinders plated? What am i looking at for pricing? any good sites? It has bad compression and the owner dosent want ot tear it down i want to see if i will make out if i buy it and fix it, thanks guys

Adam

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dazzabb

Posted March 05, 2008 - 07:03 PM

Yup, those cylinders are Nikasil plated.
If it's damaged your options are to replate or to re-new (actually you could also rebore and run a steel liner though thats not recommended).

Mine was damaged and I chose to buy a new cylinder / gasket / piston kit which ran to almost $400 in total.

TT store has good pricing, check out the green tab at top of page.

Maybe its just a blown gasket if compression is bad?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.