High Mileage WR's

2 replies to this topic
  • Brandon

Posted April 23, 2002 - 09:50 PM

Just curious how many miles/km you have on your WR's. I now have 6000km on my 01426 and its still running strong. When should I tear it down and do a ring job and how long can I expect my clutch to last? Ive done regular maintenance every few rides and valves set once, all a little tight.

Thanks, Rip on. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jamracing

Posted April 23, 2002 - 11:37 AM

I know people with 20,000 km on their WR's, and they're still running.

• GPS Dual Sport

Posted April 23, 2002 - 03:12 PM

My 98 WR 400 needed a cam chain at 6500 miles. That's 10460 km for you metric system users in the great white north. The piston clearance are ring end gaps were in spec and could have been stayed in the motor. It got a new piston and rings just because I was in the neighborhood.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.