Front fork leak...........

2 replies to this topic
  • tarlint

Posted March 05, 2008 - 03:36 PM

I have a 2000 WR400 and my right front fork is leaking hydraulic fluid when the bike is loaded on the trailer and compressed. When it sits in the garage, very small nickel sized spot forms, but not much.

Do you think it could simply be a rubber seal or gasket?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtysouth

Posted March 05, 2008 - 05:01 PM

I have a 2000 WR400 and my right front fork is leaking hydraulic fluid when the bike is loaded on the trailer and compressed. When it sits in the garage, very small nickel sized spot forms, but not much.

Do you think it could simply be a rubber seal or gasket?

That is exactly what it is..fork seal..rubber..where the outer tube meets the inner tube. Should have someone reseal both of your forks and fill to capacity with oil....they don't really hold that much.

• MojaveThumper

Posted March 05, 2008 - 07:51 PM

Can try cleaning the seals first with some film or seal savers.

You don't crank the forks all the way down in the truck do you? :thumbsup:

Get a fork brace. Best 14 bucks I have spent. Locks the front solid and doesn't compress the shocks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.