Restored '95 XR600R.......

38 replies to this topic
  • resurrection

Posted March 06, 2008 - 04:32 PM

Dig the drums dude

• scalejockey

Posted March 06, 2008 - 05:34 PM

My dad and i are into this as well. Here is the latest. 74 sc125, only year for this six speed. Nice work on your rides!:thumbsup:

Posted Image

OH man i wanted one of those so bad when i was a young.

Here's a little project i did last year..Posted Image

• hulk

Posted March 06, 2008 - 05:41 PM

Looks cherry. Have fun. Gotta love the big Thumpers.

• martinfan30

Posted March 06, 2008 - 05:41 PM

Killer Hodaka! What year? I like the knobbie track on the wall!:thumbsup:

• scalejockey

Posted March 07, 2008 - 05:50 AM

It was a nov. 69 date on the ID plate. # 300 SN. or so of the first year of super rat. It was a real rusted POS. Never did get to ride it in the dirt,someone offered me a good profit so it went away.I would like to restore an old YZ 360 or MX360.

The paint job on the garage was a project from 3 years ago.It was textured and colored like dirt.

• MotoGoalie

Posted March 07, 2008 - 09:11 AM

This thread is all about teh sexy....awesome bikes and restos.....:thumbsup:

• Thorndike

Posted March 07, 2008 - 04:57 PM

It's so nice to see older bikes looking good. I would rather have the character of an old bike, than the performance of a new one. I don't ride either to their limits anyway.

• BackinAction

Posted March 07, 2008 - 05:52 PM

Man, awesome restos in here guys. The XR600s look amazing compared to the "before" shots. Great work! I'm thinking of diving into an XR600 restoration myself. Just picked up a 1991 that's in rough shape. Here's a picture. If and when I put 'er back together, I'll post the before and afters here on TT. Wish me luck.

Posted Image

• scalejockey

Posted March 07, 2008 - 07:20 PM

Did you get a box full of parts too??seems to be a few things missing?

But that's always the fun part...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tree18is

Posted March 07, 2008 - 08:00 PM

who is PC and who did the work?

• Jbo

Posted March 07, 2008 - 09:12 PM

Precision Concepts. They did all my suspension work. They are one of the best suspension shops here in SoCal. and are responsible for most of the suspension work for desert racers in the West Coast / Baja.

• resurrection

Posted March 07, 2008 - 10:56 PM

I've allways felt a newer bike to ride and an old one to play with kept me content .
The new bike will always fix your ride JONES and the old your GARAGE JONES.
We all need some kind of fix don't we ?

• Butta

Posted March 08, 2008 - 07:39 AM

Precision Concepts. They did all my suspension work. They are one of the best suspension shops here in SoCal. and are responsible for most of the suspension work for desert racers in the West Coast / Baja.

I was able to acquire a '94 fully farkled XR600 (oversize .025, not sure what that equates to yet) that had PC suspension work. NIGHT and DAY difference when compared to stock. Incredible suspension on a trail bike. Makes the bike seem like a top quality racer.

• Butta

Posted March 08, 2008 - 07:40 AM

I've allways felt a newer bike to ride and an old one to play with kept me content .
The new bike will always fix your ride JONES and the old your GARAGE JONES.
We all need some kind of fix don't we ?

Absolutely! However, I'm having just as much fun and excitement on my "old" bike as I did when my YZ450 was brand new in the garage, and it's 1/4 the price!!!

• BackinAction

Posted March 08, 2008 - 03:23 PM

Did you get a box full of parts too??seems to be a few things missing?

But that's always the fun part...

Yeah, I have a box full of motor parts, the pegs, skidplate, kickstarter, exhaust, etc. I'm definately missing side plastics and a seat, though. Anything else that is missing will be discovered along the way... I hope. :thumbsup:

• resurrection

Posted March 08, 2008 - 05:43 PM

There's a surge of interest in the old school jap bikes .

Us 40 somethings have been busy convincing the world .
At Resurrection thats what we do hence the Name.

Almost 20yrs now. Maybe 20 rusted none runners have been given a second life.Never to fancy just very nice riders. I still own or have given most to my friends and family .Every year we bring them together and have a beer.

It all started @ a place in Elk kart lake WI.Sepkens resort in the early
80's

I've been sick ever since.

• litng1

Posted March 08, 2008 - 07:32 PM

I love the old 600s Ive got a 92 is good original shape.The XRs above are great looking.:thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted March 08, 2008 - 08:49 PM

There's a surge of interest in the old school jap bikes .

Us 40 somethings have been busy convincing the world .
At Resurrection thats what we do hence the Name.

Almost 20yrs now. Maybe 20 rusted none runners have been given a second life.Never to fancy just very nice riders. I still own or have given most to my friends and family .Every year we bring them together and have a beer.

It all started @ a place in Elk kart lake WI.Sepkens resort in the early
80's

I've been sick ever since.

I like early jap 2t triples, can I be your friend?:thumbsup:

• resurrection

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:55 PM

I like early jap 2t triples, can I be your friend?:thumbsup:

Buzz Walknic bought the 71 500 H1 I rebuilt in 2001? I think you can see it in that slideshow I posted earlier. My daughter made up last year with old photo's for my Birthday
I have 2 bikes in line for rebuild as we speek a 1975 tx650 I'm thinking old school flat track.
and an early model H2 with a truck load of parts 2 tittles and most of a second bike.I may have to buy the sterring damper LOL.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.