Restored '95 XR600R.......

Hi XR lovers,

I owned this bike about 8 yrs ago and when I moved to a newer bike, I gave this one to my Brother under the condition of taking good care of it.. well, as you can see, he didn't to the point that the engine blew. While seeing some pictures of very nice looking 600's here in TT, I decided to give my old ride a second chance. Below is a list of parts and some before and after pictures. Let me know what you think.

jbo

New crankshaft and bearings

New balancer

New clutch basket

New swing arm bearings

New sprockets and chain

Top end rebuilt

BD 8" race light

Jet-Hot coated OEM header

WC frame protectors

N Style backgrounds

New plastic

New gas tank decals

PC Suspension work

PC XR650R fork protectors (modified to fit 600R forks)

Powder coated frame (silver)

Lots and lots of elbow grease

Thanks to Diane at PC, Beerad (TT member) and Gisela at SD Powder Coating for their help on my project

DSC00489.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00464-1.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

• Like 1

Seeing these gives me hope! I'm in the Top end stage now on my 92. 11:1 98mm piston, Total seal gapless rings and some elbow grease. Question; what's the best way to clean up the cylinder and head- externally?

150815826_LZrNe-M.jpg

208139429_Pbqjw-M.jpg

208139338_GWhJn-M.jpg

Question; what's the best way to clean up the cylinder and head- externally?

Aluminum "Mag" wheel cleaner/foam...the kind for bare(non-clearcoat) automotive wheels works well...just protect "other" aluminum surfaces(especally polished & brushed) like rims, swingarm, etc...or it will etch them too.

just degrease and remove all dirt before appling while protecting all other parts, wash with soap & water and rinse well.

u may want to test in an inconsipcuous spot since every once in a while an aluminum alloy will turn gray rather than bright & shinney...but the gray may look better than oxidized aluminum.

?