WR400 all ok

6 replies to this topic
  • tonytone

Posted March 05, 2008 - 07:21 AM

hi there,
ive got a 2000 wr400 and a few weeks ago i had a white bothers e-series system fitted (5 plates). i rode it home steady due to having new tyres fitted at the same time.
ive not used it since and last night i decided to change the water pump due to a slight weep......all went well and it no longer weeps :eek:
while i was doing this i fitted a new air filter with plenty of oil on it......and when i came to kick it up.....it was a pig to start and kept cutting out.
ive taken the filter out and dried it a bit......it now starts first kick as usual and runs ok ish.....but it feels like its running out of steam too quick through the gears and when ticking over if i give it a some revs.....it bogs down and cuts out.
sorry for being a bit long winded but i didnt want to miss anything out.

PLEASE IGNORE - was due to me putting to much oil on the filter.....runs like a good un now its dry :thumbsup:

• clark4131

Posted March 05, 2008 - 07:45 AM

Did you re-jet after the aftermarket pipe was installed?...SC

• tonytone

Posted March 05, 2008 - 07:48 AM

it wasnt rejetted......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted March 05, 2008 - 10:00 AM

YAHTZEE!!! :thumbsup:...SC

• tonytone

Posted March 05, 2008 - 10:51 AM

i have read there are a few jets......should i start by just swapping the main one? and would i be best just going for the next one up? im pretty new to off road bikes so bear with me on the obvious stuff :thumbsup:

• matt4x4

Posted March 06, 2008 - 04:47 AM

According to white brothers, the e series DOES NOT require rejetting.
I put one on my bike a month ago, but due to everything being covered in snow and ice, it hasn't been started yet, will report on it once I do fire it up.

• tonytone

Posted March 06, 2008 - 11:58 PM

cheers bud......

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.