looking for a street legal wr450

7 replies to this topic
  • sanbullet

Posted March 05, 2008 - 04:56 AM

Does anyone know of a ca street legal wr450 for sale I have looked every were I have only seen one a 05 the guy wants to much I guess If i can not find one I will have to go husky In info will help

• PBDBLUE

Posted March 05, 2008 - 07:02 AM

Your going to pay a premium price for any plated WR450 and there is no guarantee that you'll be able to keep the plate when you transfer ownership since WR's are not on-road emission compliant.

• sanbullet

Posted March 06, 2008 - 05:15 PM

has any one seen one yet

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted March 06, 2008 - 08:21 PM

A plated 05 wr450 is a bike that many people will place a premuim price on. I know because I have one. :smile: You'd probably have a better time finding a plated ktm. There seems to be more of them out there.

As far a getting the plate revoked, I just renewed mine today for the third time. No problem... I have heard less and less and less about those dmv love letters lately. I would take the chance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 06, 2008 - 09:50 PM

if you searched a little you would have found this post....

Any one who wants info on how to plate a wr in california pm your phone number and i will call you and talk you through it!

• sanbullet

Posted March 07, 2008 - 05:15 AM

I did not ask how to get a plate on a 450 .I asked if any one has a ca plated wr450 forsale

• EvoChris

Posted March 07, 2008 - 06:24 AM

Does mean you could buy a non plated one cheap and then sort it out with a plate?? i suppose then there is no guarantee you would get it though.....probably better getting the one you know about and paying the premium
(try giving 123BigcoopDawg576 a ring that would advise you how to do it (as above), he may even know of one or at least know if its a viable option??) worth a phone call i guess.:thumbsup:
So glad we dont have to go through this in the uk, i know its rip off britain here but i know every year im legal with no hassle!

• byggd

Posted March 07, 2008 - 02:00 PM

Your going to pay a premium price for any plated WR450 and there is no guarantee that you'll be able to keep the plate when you transfer ownership since WR's are not on-road emission compliant.

When I dual registered mine they sent me two pink slips. One says MX and the other MC. As long as the MC one is used I doubt there would be a problem transferring ownership.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.