Bike on Fire (literally)

4 replies to this topic
  • Joel_Gibson

Posted April 23, 2002 - 04:46 AM

I was riding through Chadwick (Missouri) yesterday and got flagged down by a guy who said his bike was on fire. I passed by his bike on my way to the campground to get him some help and there wasn't much left. I could tell by the pipe it used to be a two stroke but most everything else was a pile of molten goo. Made me think about the fact that mine isn't insured. I'll bet his wasn't either. I hope he's getting a good tax refund.

• MOmilkman

Posted April 23, 2002 - 08:08 AM

Hey Joel, Did you catch the guys name?

I hadnt actually heard about that yet so I wonder if it was some out-of-towner.

Bummer for him.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joel_Gibson

Posted April 23, 2002 - 10:14 AM

I was talking to Steve Elliot at the Cycle Broker this morning and he said the bike was an XR650 that belongs to a local Doctor. There was a guy riding with him. (on a YZ250 I think)
I apologize, but I forgot the guys name. Funny how small an XR650 looks when its been melted. The good news is, he did have it insured.

• MOmilkman

Posted April 23, 2002 - 05:00 PM

No doubt the insurance company will do a full scale investigation (sponsored in part by funding from the Sierra club) to determine wither or not the spark arrestor malfunctioned.

• CHris_PArks

Posted April 23, 2002 - 08:16 PM

i saw a poor running 98 zy400 burn up because the guy put a 2 stoke air filter holder in it with no back fire screen. and what happened, it bakc fired and burned half the bike up.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.