Backfiring with mods done

3 replies to this topic
  • Traskrider

Posted March 04, 2008 - 05:04 PM

I did the mods as far as Airbox,Gray wire,silencer and removal of the AIS. Just completed the latter today took it for a ride and now on deceleration it's backfiring ! Wuz up?

• TRUE_2_YAMAHA_001

Posted March 04, 2008 - 05:05 PM

it is great that you have done that, but if you do not rejet it, it is almost useless, and is it a backfire or a lean pop? i would try a bigger jet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Traskrider

Posted March 04, 2008 - 05:09 PM

Thanx I suspected jetting but was'nt sure if it did affect the bike that much when the AIS was removed I'll get on it !

• KennyMc

Posted March 04, 2008 - 09:07 PM

check this out for how other people are jetting their bikes. I went with the JDJetting kit with a 168 main and 48 pilot.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.