98 WR400 with no compression

1 reply to this topic
  • plebarton

Posted March 04, 2008 - 03:06 PM

Hey everyone, I have a 98 WR400 with no compression at the kick start. I road the bike to school this morning and it started in the first kick, like it always does but made a funny rattling/clanking sound that went away after about 3 seconds. About 3 hours later, I went to ride home and it would not start. There was no compression. I thought the compression release may have stuck open, but it is not binding. What do you guys think? This same thing happened a week back but after a few kicks compression seemed to come back. The reason I come to you guys first is because this is my first bike and I am kind of new at ripping the thing apart to diagnose problems. All your help is greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • husqvarnarider

Posted March 04, 2008 - 04:35 PM

Sounds like a possible stuck valve..........

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.