Better (faster) steering

3 replies to this topic
  • dazzabb

Posted March 04, 2008 - 10:23 AM

I'm on an improvement drive with the old battlebus WR450 '05.

Currently getting the suspension re-valved, bars raised and gonna plump for lower pegs. Then possibly higher bean bars, all of which should help.

But I want to improve the speed and accuracy of turning.

I have alrady dropped the forks in the standard clamps as far as I dare, other wise it gets a bit scary at high speed. Rear end is set nicely. I dont have a steering damper.

I'm running Bridgestone 401/402's at 15psi.

Question:
Will the Applied racing or other funky triple clamps make the bike turn faster / more accuartely or is it just bling? I have my doubts.

• TWILES

Posted March 04, 2008 - 02:41 PM

I looked at ever triple clamp I could find on the internet and I can't find one for the 05 that has a offset. One place has one for $500 that says it fits an 06+ and one for the 03/04 but none for the 05.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted March 04, 2008 - 03:28 PM

I have a set of applied 22 mm tripples for a yz on my 07 wr and it turns much sharper then it used to so much that I have to move the voltage regulator because the fork would hit it. It required a few mods to make them fit

• MaxPower

Posted March 04, 2008 - 07:05 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=612693

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.