wr sprokets

9 replies to this topic
  • ECK224

Posted March 04, 2008 - 10:11 AM

just wondering if any body has changed out there sprokets what were the results good or bad

• Johnny34

Posted March 04, 2008 - 12:24 PM

I dropped a tooth on the front and added one in the back to get the gearing I needed for the trails here in Oregon. Steep, narrow, slow speed technical trails. Rocks, tree limbs, water crossings, etc... If I was riding open desert I'd stick with the taller stock gears.

• ECK224

Posted March 04, 2008 - 03:48 PM

I mostly ride the tight technical stuff, most hill climbes I only get down to
2nd then start feathering the clutch, because 1st seems to be to low and just wants to loop me out.

• ozfam4

Posted March 04, 2008 - 04:22 PM

I recently went from the stock 13/50 to a 14/51 combo. I ride single track,some fast and some extremely technical. First was to low virtually useless. 14/51 seems to even things up a little.

08 WR 450

• byggd

Posted March 04, 2008 - 04:37 PM

I run a 13/50 in tight stuff and 15/50 for on road and desert.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ECK224

Posted March 04, 2008 - 05:09 PM

I got a 15 today, going to try it this weekend

Posted March 04, 2008 - 06:47 PM

I haven't done it to mine yet but on my 05, first it too low for anything and 2nd is too high it tight stuff. I'm going to go up to a 52 rear and try to lower 2nd a little. I'm going to put a YZ ex cam in it too. If nothing else, I might get a little wheel spin in 2nd so if it won't lug down that low, it will spin the tire and won't have to. I miss 2strokes.

• MountainMax

Posted March 04, 2008 - 07:04 PM

I went up to a 15 up front and down to a 48 on the rear, mostly for on the road driving to keep the RPM's down a bit lower so i can cruise at 100km/h all day without the engine screaming. I can still drive it fairly slow in tight stuff but it's noticibly harder then stock gearing for the slow stuff, all depends on where you drive i guess to find what's best for you.

• ECK224

Posted March 05, 2008 - 08:47 AM

I was going to go down a tooth in the back, but I dont think it would be that noticable I'll be running 15/50 I think it's going to work good

• WRC

Posted March 05, 2008 - 01:39 PM

I dropped a tooth on the front to a 12, it has made a world of difference for me. I ride mostly tight stuff rutted tree lined trails.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.