Should I target a XR650L or XR600R??? Need input

41 replies to this topic
  • martinfan30

Posted July 31, 2008 - 07:07 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motobikem1ke

Posted July 31, 2008 - 07:45 PM

I have to sound off on this subject, as an owner of a ZZR1200 street bike, a 650R, a 650L and a YZ450. Every bike has it's purpose, and you wouldn't take the ZZR on a motocross track.

I find myself climbing aboard the 650L more often than any of the others... it is more comfortable, more versatile, and quite simply has more grin factors than all the others. The ZZR flies up to 160 mph. The YZ450 can sail quite nicely up to 60-70 foot jumps (my personal max). The 650R can rip your arms off on dirt roads or desert trails.

The 650L doesn't do ANY of those things as fantastically, but it does everything well, which makes it the perfect choice for a one-in-all commuter, trail bike, mountain climber, tourer, and forest thumper.

Given enough modifications and enough rider skill, the 650L can hang with just about any bike in any situation, dirt or trail or street... it is bulletproof, comfortable, reliable, road-worthy, trail-worthy, gets great MPG (very important these days), has a HUGE following and a massive aftermarket base.

If you can only buy one bike that has to do everything for you, the 650L is it.

Posted Image

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  40 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.