fast throttle

3 replies to this topic
  • edenstrang

Posted March 03, 2008 - 06:51 PM

This may be pointless for a dirt rider (don't really know), but I'm setting my wr426 up for superretard riding, and wanted to know if anyone has experience making a quicker throttle. I read about DRZ guys using an R6 throttle, and I know it's just a matter of comparing drum size of the WR against some other throttle tube, but I was curious about anyone else having done it. Besides, I can't really tell from parts fiche how large a given throttle radius is.

please don't tell me to twist my wrist faster

thanks!

• Demo_Slug

Posted March 03, 2008 - 09:19 PM

This may be pointless for a dirt rider (don't really know), but I'm setting my wr426 up for superretard riding, and wanted to know if anyone has experience making a quicker throttle. I read about DRZ guys using an R6 throttle, and I know it's just a matter of comparing drum size of the WR against some other throttle tube, but I was curious about anyone else having done it. Besides, I can't really tell from parts fiche how large a given throttle radius is.

please don't tell me to twist my wrist faster

thanks!

Have you looked at the Rollon (http://www.rollonthr...ylightning.html)

or a G2 throttle tube. :smirk: they make them for the 450s. I don't know what fits on a 426.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • edenstrang

Posted March 03, 2008 - 09:31 PM

cool! Thanks, thats just what I'm looking for.

Kinda steep though... 56 bucks? Especially considerings it's injection molded plastic.

I do have one or two "machinist favors" saved up though... hmmm

• edenstrang

Posted March 03, 2008 - 09:39 PM

I take it back, that's not a bad price, when you consider the yoyodyne (distributed) unit for my 600rr cost big bucks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.