07 Wr450 Coolant Overflow

6 replies to this topic
  • kodiak7

Posted March 03, 2008 - 03:57 PM

I Took Off My Overflow Tank And Just Ran A Hose From The Radiator Cap Down The Frame, Will This Work Ok? I Dont See Why Not, Thats Exactly How The Yz Is Done, Does Anybody Have Any Ideas? It Should Be Fine Right?

• BajaFool

Posted March 03, 2008 - 04:26 PM

Should work just fine--- if you want to boil all of the antifreeze out of your radiator in tight trail riding situations and then seize your motor.

• William1

Posted March 03, 2008 - 05:37 PM

I would keep the overflow on unless all you ride is fire roads and MX.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redswr

Posted March 03, 2008 - 06:17 PM

i did this on my 99 and it always leaks the fluid out... i ride all dunes on it too so its never going slow.

• groundpounder450

Posted March 03, 2008 - 06:25 PM

i had a 03 yz450 and when i was in the tight trails it boiled over like clock work... nothing like gettin a face full of hot steamy anti-freeze on a steep rocky hill to make u fall down and yack... trust me it WILL ruin ur day

• TRUE_2_YAMAHA_001

Posted March 03, 2008 - 10:36 PM

The other thing about doing that is: it is an EPA violation or some BS like that and you could get fined and your green sticker taken and changed to a red sticker.

• kodiak7

Posted March 04, 2008 - 08:36 AM

obviously its not a problem, the yz 450s have the same psi radiator cap, same radiator, everything, and they work fine without a tank, it has nothing to do with how fast it will 'boil over' ! :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.