XR 650L with Edelbrock Quicksilver Questions

7 replies to this topic
  • jscompto

Posted March 03, 2008 - 02:16 PM

hey everybody,
I recently bought an edelbrock quicksilver carb off of ebay for $54.00 and I am ready to install it. The only thing that is holding me back is knowing where inlet and outlet tubes go, and knowing if the stock cables will work, and knowing how to correctly mount it, etc.......:ride:

See, the edelbrock carb has only two barbs on it for tubes to go on, where as the stock carb had like 5 or 6. :) :smirk:

Anyone who has done the mod or knows how to help, then contact me so i can get my baby back......ribs. :ride:

• Agent2

Posted March 03, 2008 - 03:56 PM

You got an Edelbrock for 54 bucks? Score!!

• jetfuel

Posted March 03, 2008 - 04:44 PM

WOW nice deal:applause: .
Heres a link for the setup/adjustment for it.. http://www.edelbrock...oad_install.pdf * follow the "pumper" instructions

You can get the stock cables to work but I wouldn't recommend it.
Also obviously the large nipple on the left side is the fuel inlet which faces the petcock and the other is for a vent hose.
I got the correct set of cables from "Barnums" a while back with no problems but I know a few people have had issues with them, hopefully you won't.

Welcome to TT....

• jscompto

Posted March 05, 2008 - 09:21 AM

I am not sure if the edelbrock carb i got is the same one that is commonly used by other XR 650 riders. Here is a link to what my carb looks like..

Hopefully you all can see it... Well, there are only 2 barbs on the carb...you can see one of them in the bottom "bowl" of the carb.....i am guessing it is the outlet, and the other one is on the engine side of the carb on the top of the engine side hole. it is about 1/2 the size of the one you can see in the pictures. Does anyone know if i pull the numbers off of the carb, then can i find out what the hell it is online somewhere? Any help or replies would be great. Talk to you all soon. Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Agent2

Posted March 05, 2008 - 12:43 PM

On the "R" model Edelbrock there is a fuel inlet as seen in photo one, and three vent lines that hang down, two large and one small. I believe the enrichner lever (if that's what I see in photo 2) on yours might indicate an older model, but I haven't seen an "L" model Edelbrock.
Edit - after looking at the photo's again, it looks like you have the non pumper version, I don't see the accelerator pump linkage in either photo.

• jetfuel

Posted March 05, 2008 - 01:33 PM

I agree with Agent2 that appears to be an older non-pumper carb not the model specific one for the"L".

• jscompto

Posted March 06, 2008 - 07:53 PM

does anyone know if there is a way to make an accelerator pump fit this carb, or would it be better just to leave it as it is and try it out?

• Agent2

Posted March 07, 2008 - 09:08 AM

does anyone know if there is a way to make an accelerator pump fit this carb, or would it be better just to leave it as it is and try it out?

I doubt you can convert it to a pumper - completely different design. Even though the carb you got isn't a pumper, you did get it for 54 dollars, good price for a back up carb if you don't like it.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.