These Ebay Triple Clamps hit the stock tank

30 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted March 03, 2008 - 05:48 PM

Dremel it, Belt sand it, button stops on the frame, weld on a spacer: Damn, you guys can work on my bike, anytime.:smirk: :)

• porterdog

Posted March 04, 2008 - 05:02 AM

Dremel it, Belt sand it, button stops on the frame, weld on a spacer: Damn, you guys can work on my bike, anytime.:thumbsup: :eek:

Well, did you come here for help (that's what men do) or did you come here to complain (that's what chicks do)? :D

• Thumpage

Posted March 04, 2008 - 08:08 PM

Krannie,

I have the first generation clamp that has the dual bolts for each bar mount. The profile of mine is different and has less outside edge to it. It cleared the stock tank and also clears the IMS 3.2 tank. It lightly contacts the Clark tank at full right turn but not as bad as the newest generation seems to do. I had filed mine at the rear bottom edge to prevent the contact. It wasn't very much. You should be able to do the same, albiet a little more. There seems to be a lot of extra beef on the outside edge of the new version. I would probably not worry at all about filing yours since it is even thicker in that area. Here are picks of mine as a reference to what I did and how my first generation clamp fits with a IMS 3.2.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• gearloos

Posted March 04, 2008 - 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Krannie View Post
Just on the XRR, not the lowly, XRL...
Well,
LMAO
get a life..lowly? ... lol...you do have issues.. no wonder they won't help you.

• Norge

Posted March 05, 2008 - 04:43 PM

Well, did you come here for help (that's what men do) or did you come here to complain (that's what chicks do)? :D

:eek: porterdog is wise beyond his years.

:thumbsup: Krannie speaks with forked tongue.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted March 07, 2008 - 08:26 PM

:eek: porterdog is wise beyond his years.

:thumbsup: Krannie speaks with forked tongue.

Read my original post. I was not asking for help, or complaining, yet I got both help and complaints. Why is sarcasm so greatly misunderstood on this site? Geez..

• gearloos

Posted March 08, 2008 - 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Krannie View Post
Just on the XRR, not the lowly, XRL...
Well,
LMAO
get a life..lowly? ... lol...you do have issues.. no wonder they won't help you.

Ya I hear ya man, I kinda meant the same thing.. It's hard to convey sarcasm with just a "LOL" but I was laughin petty hard when I wrote it...
:thumbsup:

• XR4DEZ

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:09 PM

Just on the XRR, not the lowly, XRL. Anything works on that bike. Have you tried one of these for your steering damper yet?:

Posted Image

I'll tell you what, that's funny.

• martinfan30

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:24 PM

Posted Image[/QUOTE]

Krannie, I like the candy thermometer speedo!:thumbsup::eek:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:31 PM

[quote name='martinfan30']Posted Image[/QUOTE]

Krannie, I like the candy thermometer speedo!:thumbsup::eek:[/QUOTE]

That's nothing. Look whats going on next week: Old school, baby!! 1985 XL350R speedo. It goes to 11, too.
Posted Image

• martinfan30

Posted March 08, 2008 - 09:37 PM

Nice! You still got a little XL in you after all!:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.