Help 2001 WR 426

2 replies to this topic
  • TRUE_2_YAMAHA_001

Posted March 02, 2008 - 08:49 PM

Hey guys,

I have been ridding this bike for about 3 years and it is virtually stock and i am looking for some ways to put more grunt and speed into it.

The things that i have already done is the grey wire trick, jetting, airbox mod, and the baffle out of the pipe.

I am 18 and in college full time and only have a part time job so money is a factor for me.

OH YA and do the fork bleeders really help save your fork seals?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • doctorchopper

Posted March 03, 2008 - 07:14 AM

I also have a 01 wr426, i have the yz timing mod done to it, makes a huge differance in the accelleration, hits way harder, and its free.For moe speed you could try a smaller sprocket on the back, but thats going to rob power. I just bought a 05 wr450 and the 426 puls way harder with the yz timing mod than my 450.

• maxtherat

Posted March 03, 2008 - 05:46 PM

+1 for yz timing. Get hot cams or stock cam for 03 yz 450 and loose the decomp. lever. Also the o-ring mod to the accelerator pump actuator is a cheap modification. I'm pretty good about just bleeding the air from my forks myself.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.