LORETTA LYNNS -GNCC

3 replies to this topic
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted April 22, 2002 - 06:49 AM

Man what a completely AWESOME place to race....This was without a doubt one of the best all around places to race on planet earth....Major Hill Climbs, Deep Ravine's, Creek Beds, Tight Single Track, Giant Whoops, Rocks (I have never seen so many rocks in my life), Beach Front, Wide open areas, plenty of passing lanes, and a Motor Cross Track.

My butt was completely drained at the end of this race....But man what a rush. There must have been 500 riders on the line for the Sunday morning races. 100's of crashes...I laughed my A$$ off all day long, the woods were littered with riders that just gave up and pulled over....it was a little warm at 86 degrees, but there was a great breeze and not alot of dust.

STUMPSTER....dude, you should have gone...Zero rain Fri, Sat, or Sun....The weather Channel really screwed up the forcast on this one. I gotta see this on on the OLN network and Speed vision, TV cameras were everywhere.

SPARTA KY GNCC...in two weeks.....

Who has a good remedy for throttle thumb blistering....Man...I ripped the skin off my thumb again , even after using two band aids....

Bonzai :)

• Mitch_R

Posted April 22, 2002 - 07:29 AM

Sounds like a sweet race....As far as the thumb blisters go, you need to lighten your grip. You don't need a death grip man :D , Let the bars have a tiny bit of "float" in your hands :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stumpy

Posted April 23, 2002 - 07:43 PM

Mitch... have you seen some of the trails at a GNCC... sometimes you NEED a death grip. :D
'Kaze, I couldn't have taken it this weekend. I was out of town for work last wed-fri and I am out of town from mon-wed this week... I needed the weekend near home (Tennessee ain't near home). I'm probably done with GNCCs this year, as I don't have the travel or the money in my budget. :) My buddies and I did get a couple of miles of new trail cut, though, so It was not a complete loss of a weekend. We have a pretty good test loop coming along... about 3.5 miles (so far) with some fairly tight woods, a motocross section, and some more open 4-wheeler trail in the swamp... should be good for training when we get done.

• Mitch_R

Posted April 24, 2002 - 09:47 PM

Haven't seen them yet, but hope to some day. Will let you know about blisters, I know what you mean, sometims you just gotta hold on for all your worth :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.