WR450 ride across the Lake!!!!!!!!

12 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted March 02, 2008 - 02:36 PM

Well it was a frozen lake, i was bored today, missed riding my bike, -20c out but what the hay. I took her out, changed the oil and went for a ride out on the snowmobile trails, and across the lake, here is the video if you want to check it out.

Posted Image

• xBRIANx

Posted March 02, 2008 - 10:57 PM

its amazing how crazy people are.. -20c. the only thing id be doing when its that cold is sitting on top of a fire inside my house, or inside my oven, something. that is way to cold. EXTREMELY TO COLD to function in. thats crazy lol. at least you had a good time =p

• Mutu

Posted March 02, 2008 - 11:52 PM

-20*c

Man, you're crazy!!!

Sounds like fun anyway!!!

• MountainMax

Posted March 03, 2008 - 03:22 AM

I know im crazy, lol, that's warm for us, when it's -35 we go out on skidoo, last year i was out for a run for 2 hours -60 with the wind, bundle up warm and youre good to go.

• kskyles

Posted March 03, 2008 - 10:45 AM

You newfies are a tough bunch!

i get cold if it gets to 55F here in arizona.

• Charles De Mar

Posted March 03, 2008 - 12:21 PM

I didn't see you use your signal when you turned:naughty:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted March 03, 2008 - 01:14 PM

Actually im not a newfie, Newfoundland & Labrador is the name of our province, the newfie part is the island, I live on the mainland part, called Labrador, so I am a Labradorian, hehe, buy yeah, we do get it cold here, brrrr

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted March 03, 2008 - 03:04 PM

Nice! haha gloves so thick you couldn't turn the ignition key! And the bike is competely SCRATCHIN FOR TRACTION !!! Thanks 4 sharing!

• MojaveThumper

Posted March 03, 2008 - 07:48 PM

Hopefully now you understand why the DR doesn't let you out.

Nice vid. But I will take my SOCAL winters of 40 F and call it good.

• kskyles

Posted March 04, 2008 - 08:37 AM

Actually im not a newfie, Newfoundland & Labrador is the name of our province, the newfie part is the island, I live on the mainland part, called Labrador, so I am a Labradorian, hehe, buy yeah, we do get it cold here, brrrr

labradorian! that's cool. you live in a beautiful place.

• drtbk4ever

Posted March 04, 2008 - 09:30 AM

Hey Mountain Max, you are one dedicated biker, you crazy SOB. Way to go. I don't have the cajones to even sit on my bike when it gets that cold.

I kept waiting for the wheely pass but it didn't happen.

Were you running straight knobbies out there?

• leapfrog

Posted March 04, 2008 - 12:56 PM

Hey Mountain Max,
Check this out! http://www.snoxcycle.com/

• MountainMax

Posted March 04, 2008 - 01:52 PM

Hey guys, yeah, my yamaha snowmobile gloves were too big to let me get my fingers in there to turn the key on. I tried to start it by foot when I remembered hey, i got a magic button here somewhere and used it. I am dedicated, watching too much supercross lately and had to pay homage to my hero Chad Reid (note the #22 on my numberplates), and went out for two rides, saturday and again sunday. Traction wasn't the best and if you notice in the last few seconds i tried to pull a few wheelies but she wouldn't come up more then a few inches, way too little traction using 1/2 wore out street legal dual purpose tire. Glad you guys enjoyed it, I had a blast, will do for me now until may when i can get out on the roads a bit and ride again, going back and forthe to work when it's only 1-2 degrees above freezing waiting for june and warmer weather.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.