Rekluse front axle

2 replies to this topic
  • MaxPower

Posted March 02, 2008 - 02:32 PM

[COLOR="Green"]In stalled a Rekluse adjustable front axle on my 04 WR450. I rode about 50 miles with it today. I am very happy with what it did for the bike. I moves the wheel back to quicken up the steering.Love it. For me,it made the front end feel lighter and able to hook turns much easier.Sometimes I mess with things and they turn out worse than what I had.Not this time. Im really diggin my bike.[/COLOR]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sausage boy

Posted March 02, 2008 - 08:15 PM

i like the idea of this, did you really notice any difference? i have a Rekluse Zstart auto clutch on my 05 WR450, which i love.

• MaxPower

Posted March 03, 2008 - 05:39 AM

[COLOR="Green"]I had my doubts when I bought it.The axle adjustment only is a small amount in either direction.And Im not a fast enough rider to notice a small change like this but I was wrong in this case.Yamaha should have made the bike with this rake.Im on the East Coast so the trails can be tight, but on yesterdays ride, I noticed no problems on the whooped out fireroads as far as head shake or anything. Has anyone ever seen triple clamps made for this bike with 2 degrees less rake?
The downside is that I couldnt use the mechanical speedo spacer. I have a magnetic pickup anyway for mine.And that wheel changes are a little more complicated now.No more just poking the akle through and tightening it up.There is another step or 2 now.
For how much I like it, I would buy one again. I dont think every bike would benefit as much as my 04 WR did. [/COLOR]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.