My new bike Impressions

8 replies to this topic
  • riding4life162

Posted March 01, 2008 - 11:20 PM

:smirk: :) :ride: :ride: :worthy:
I just bought a 06 xr650L, and it is awesome, i read some post before talking about its too heavy and doesnt have enough power, well yes it is heavy, but it has plenty power. I also have a kawasaki zx10R and that bike has got some power, so i know a bike with power when i see it. This bike has plenty of get up and go. and no its not cause im a light weight, I weigh 216 lbs as of yesterday and it hauls me around no problem. It is very nimble at its weight once you get going i couldnt tell it weighed soo much. SO Im gonna leave yall with this, This bike has plenty power even though it supposebly has 35hp. At my 216pounds, i did a wheelid just by giving a hand full of gas. I will take picstomorrow when its light. Peace. :worthy: XR650L!!!

• Bibleman

Posted March 02, 2008 - 05:01 AM

I have to agree with you on all points. I think one of the things that gives the good seat of the pants impression regarding power is that it makes lot's of torque virtually right off idle. Is yours all stock?

• groundpounder450

Posted March 02, 2008 - 05:05 AM

Yuck!

• CTXr650L

Posted March 02, 2008 - 05:16 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the family :smirk: you think it has power now, wait til u rejet it and put an exhaust on. have fun with your new ride :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted March 02, 2008 - 08:58 AM

Exactly...

They ar edogs when stock. Rejet with "daves mods", put a better flowing slip on can on it, get a foam uni filter and cut off the snorkel.

This will shock you the amount of power difference from stock. Plus it will run cooler. The lean stock jetting makes run poorly and too HOT>

Welcome the the 650L family and to TT!

Rich.

• riding4life162

Posted March 02, 2008 - 09:42 AM

I have to agree with you on all points. I think one of the things that gives the good seat of the pants impression regarding power is that it makes lot's of torque virtually right off idle. Is yours all stock?

Yes it does have alot of initial torque, It was raining here yesterday when I took it on the first ride and I slid all over the place from the unexpected torqe and the water. Not quite sure if its all stock, it has a supertrapp slip-on but thats all I can see.

Congratulations and welcome to the family :smirk: you think it has power now, wait til u rejet it and put an exhaust on. have fun with your new ride :)

Gotta Supertrap Slip-on.
With a slip on does it need to be rejetted? I noticed that it made loud pops everyonce in a while.

• martinfan30

Posted March 02, 2008 - 09:45 AM

Thats because its now WAY too lean. Especially if the stock jets are in place. You really should rejet before long to get operating temps down, and eliminate the popping.

• tgstoken

Posted March 02, 2008 - 11:55 AM

Just watch out for slippery water crossing on the 650L. I have learned the hard way that slick, slimey river rocks, deep water and a torque-monster engine dont really get along together well.:smirk:

• crf150f rider

Posted March 02, 2008 - 12:11 PM

have fun on it. I cant really say welcome to the xr650l family because i dont have one but welcome to the honda family.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.