Vapor Shift Light & Temp Warning Settings

3 replies to this topic
  • jdubb75

Posted March 01, 2008 - 08:58 PM

I finally got the Vapor installed today, but I have no idea what to set the shift rpm and max rpm lights at. I probably wont use them much, but since they are on there I would like to set them. I've searched on the topic and have only found one post on this. Maybe I'm not holdin my mouth right while typing, but I couldn't come up with much info. I did try though...honestly.:)

What are you guys setting these lights to? I haven't installed the temp sensor yet. That will be another rainy day project, but I would like some input on the temp warning settings also. Here are my bike specs:

07 650R
Engine - Uncorked, desmogged, stock internals
Gearing - Stock
Tires/Wheels - Stock

Thanks in advance to all my floppy fendered brethren.:smirk:

• thouk

Posted March 02, 2008 - 01:06 PM

Jdubb,
I set mine at 6500 and 8000. I am running 15-45 gearing so I can run at 70 mph with out the shift light blinking at me. I have the temps set at 195 and 210 if I can remember correctly. I hope that helps. Tony

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • husky123

Posted March 02, 2008 - 02:26 PM

I set my yellow light to ride the torque wave at 5500 rpms and redline light at 8000 rpm. I like the yellow light down in the rpm's some to remind me to short shift the beast!

On setting it I feel your pain. The manual does go over it but it is a pain. I have to look it up every time I need to go into program mode.

• DREWBUSH

Posted March 02, 2008 - 06:20 PM

I never set my RPM setting, since I will never really be bouncing off the limiter to much. Mainly using it for commuting and a couple long day trips. The TEMP setting I put at 200, so when it does come I still have time to get up to speed and get airflow over the rads before it boils over.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.