01 650r clutch problem

6 replies to this topic
  • 71fordbronco

Posted March 01, 2008 - 06:10 PM

Went riding today and about ten minutes into the ride my clutch would not disengage. I have never tore into a clutch before and was wondering what I could expect. I searched the forum and it sounds like it may be a clutch bushing. Is there anything else it could be. And how bad are the bushings to replace.

• Maroast

Posted March 01, 2008 - 06:20 PM

The clutch is very easy to access and remove on the XRR...you dont even have to drain the oil to do it.

I'm not sure what your problem is, but I think a little better description would help out....

So you grab a hand full of clutch and nothing happens? Does the pull feel normal? does the lever return as normal?

Pull the clutch cover off and see what you find....it's actually pretty simple in there. Good luck

• eli366

Posted March 01, 2008 - 06:31 PM

Same thing happened to my 650r the bushing siezed up. just replace it with a 02 or newer bushing that has the extra oil journal. It was not bad to change at all. I had damage to the basket but the shaft was OK. Get a manual and do it by the book.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maroast

Posted March 01, 2008 - 10:31 PM

Get a manual and do it by the book.

Here ya go if you need a hand with that.

• 71fordbronco

Posted March 02, 2008 - 09:43 AM

Thanks I appriciate the help. I will tear into it and hopefully have it up ang going for some spring riding.

• The Storm

Posted October 22, 2008 - 01:58 PM

I have the same exact problem. I got an '01 and the clutch wont dissengage at all. What does the clutch bushing look like?

• The Storm

Posted October 22, 2008 - 04:57 PM

...nevermind, I pulled it apart and figured it out. She was definately siezed up.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.